Gland Oil & Gas (GOG) is an independent oil and gas company focused on production, development and gas exploration. We are oil finders, driven to unlock significant new petroleum systems, and to grow and mature discovered hydrocarbon basins through additional exploration success, as well as development and production .
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer
- The Administration Officer is responsible for maintaining day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support municipal operations.
- The Administration Officer reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for assisting with preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls supervising the payroll and personnel administration, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable and managing office operations.
- The Administration Officer must work within municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all Territorial Acts and Legislation.
- Failure to provide adequate services may result in lost or misused revenues, inaccurate financial statements and financial mismanagement for employees, contractors and suppliers if the payroll and/or accounts payables are not processed in an accurate and timely manner.
Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the municipal finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner:
- Assist with preparation of the budget.
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Reconcile the general ledger.
- Prepare and reconcile general bank statements.
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts.
- Ensure data is entered into the system.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Prepare income statements.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Assist with the annual audit.
- Maintain financial files and records.
Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all money inflows:
- Ensure the safeguarding of all municipal funds
- Issue, code and authorize purchase orders
- Reconcile the accounts payable
- Reconcile the accounts receivable
- Reconcile weekly deposits
- Manage distribution of utilities bills and collections of accounts
Administer employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances:
- Administer employment agreements
- Verify and report on benefits payments
- Maintain the leave management system
- Review remittances
- Supervise completion of the payroll
- Review payroll reports
Supervise administrative services within the municipal office:
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
- Respond to inquiries
- Manage the repair and maintenance of computer and office equipment
- Maintain insurance coverage
- Issue permits and licenses
- Supervise the lands program
- Supervise customer services and respond to customer inquiries
- Assist with preparation of Bylaws
- Assist with preparation and advertising of contract documents
- Administer contracts.
Knowledge and Skills
- Administrative Officer must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Computerized accounting programs
- Accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Generally accepted accounting principles
- Preparation of financial statements
- Municipal services
- Administration of employee benefits
- Payroll systems and reporting
- Office administration
- An understanding of relevant municipal legislation, policies and procedures
- An understanding of the northern cultural and political environment
Skills and Qualifications
Administration Officer must demonstrate the following skills:
- Supervisory skills.
- Team building.
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, and word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Stress management skills.
- Time management skill.
- Minimum of B.Sc degree or its equivalent.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.