At Byteworks, we are experts with a high-touch approach to IT solutions. We pride ourselves in working directly with our customers to build a relationship and fully understand your needs. We are approachable and honest. We invest time into each of our projects to recommend the most appropriate
and cost-effective solutions to ensure we exceed your expectations. Our recommendations are based purely on engineering knowledge and years of IT experiences, not sales. While we do sell products, we are truly in the business of delivering IT Solutions that focus on helping our clients achieve long-term business objectives, this is how we measure our success. When you work with Byteworks, we integrate ourselves with your team, becoming a part of your success story. We thrive on solving IT challenges with unprecedented collaboration with our clients to ensure mutual success.
Job Title: Database Administrator
A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. They will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Installing and testing new versions of the Database Management Systems.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Working closely with Software Developers, Technology Support and project managers.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- 2-4 Years experience
- Technical Expertise i.e. Data Models, Database Design Development e.t.c
- Knowledge of Statistics and experience in using statistical packages for analytics.
- Adept at Queries, report writing and presentation.
- First Class or Second Class Upper degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science,Statistics or Management Information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.