ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
- We are currently seeking Chief of Party candidates for an upcoming USAID funded, multi-year agricultural competitiveness program in Nigeria. The purpose of this activity is to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers.
- Provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program.
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- A Master’s degree in Agricultural science, Economics, Marketing, Trade or other relevant graduate degree.
- 10 years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing rural development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- Substantial management experience and knowledge of project management, private sector development, gender mainstreaming and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Prior USAID Chief of Party experience is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Incumbent should demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills as pertain to applications for agriculture and enterprise development. Proven ability to identify and develop innovative public-private partnerships.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted.
- Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.