John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a US-based international public health consulting firm that manages projects/contracts in Nigeria through its integrated office in Abuja. Through the Partnership for Supply Chain Management consortium, JSI implements the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project for the US Government as part of the US Presidents Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PSPFAR). The purpose of the project is to establish and operate a safe, secure, reliable and sustainable supply chain management system to procure pharmaceuticals and other products needed or the care and treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS and related infections.
JSI implements the USAID I DELIVER project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), a global technical assistance project aimed at increasing the availability of essential health supplies through procurement services and assistance designed to strengthen health commodity supply chains in developing countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party, AIDSFree Nigeria
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Starting Date: 06/01/2017
- The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year program funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development under Cooperative Agreement AID-OAA-14-000001. AIDSFree is implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH. AIDSFree advances the implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level.
- In Nigeria, AIDSFree is implementing a project, entitled Sustainable Condom Market. Under this project, AIDSFree will increase vulnerable and key population demand for, and access to condoms, using a total market approach. This will require project engagement across the public, social marketing and commercial sectors to ensure a sustainable condom market. A number of members of the AIDSFree consortium, including JSI and PATH, will contribute to the implementation of the project workplan in Nigeria.
- The Chief of Party will provide leadership and coordination in strategic planning, program development and management, and will oversee the implementation and evaluation of all activities related to this project in Nigeria. The COP will manage a field-based team of about 12 staff.
- Please note this a field position for those eligible to work in Nigeria.
- Launch project in country. Work with home office staff, including Country Management Team and Operations Team, to establish project office and operations, and complete personnel recruitment.
- Initiate and maintain collaborative partnerships with the MOH, NACA, SFH, as well as other relevant stakeholders in the commercial sector to obtain support for project interventions.
- Engage positively and productively with USAID and national counterparts to ensure that the project team is responsive to client needs, requirements, and expectations. Create good client relationships and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Lead project implementation in line with the established program approach, objectives, and timeline.
- Exercise fiscal responsibility for in-country budget and expenditures.
- Oversee the development of appropriate planning, monitoring, management and control systems to ensure informed decision-making and implementation of project activities.
- Identify short-term technical assistance needs, define the scopes of work, obtain travel approvals, and organize and support related work to ensure successful outcomes.
- Oversee monitoring of project activities and ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity tasks.
- Ensure performance against targets. Institute corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure the timely preparation and implementation of AIDSFree Nigeria workplans and reports
- Ensure field operations comply with rules and regulations established by JSI R&T Inc., AIDSFree and USAID.
- Lead annual performance assessments, goal setting, and assist professional development for directly reporting technical staff
- Post graduate or graduate Degree in Public Health, Business Administration/Marketing, Project Management, Pharmacy, Supply Chain Management or equivalent degree.
- Demonstrated experience in managing public health programs or projects in a developing country, with 10 or more years of senior management experience.
- Experience with social marketing and/or contraceptive security.
- Familiarity with whole or total market approaches.
- Previous work experience managing USAID-funded projects, preferably in a Chief of Party capacity.
- Demonstrated client engagement skills.
- Excellent communication, knowledge management, negotiation, leadership, and analytical skills.
- Commercial marketing experience desired.
- Ability to travel domestically to project sites as needed
- Coalition building
- Facilitation of multi-sectoral planning
- Advocacy skills
- Performance management for multi-organizational teams
Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.