Medecins Du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to Healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Supervisor
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Possibility of Extension: Yes
Starting Date: Asap
- Design the weekly and monthly activities plan for the Health Education programme, in collaboration with the relevant personnel in the programme team
- Liaise with Nutrition, SRH and PHC colleagues to ensure required aspects of their departments are incorporated into the activities
- Lead on the management of IEC materials for the Health Education activities, soliciting materials internally and externally from relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to organize the health education trainings (Health, Immunization, IYCF, ANC, PNC and FP).
- Responsible for Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, GBV, Nutrition and Sexual Reproductive Health, physical abuse.
- Provide the ongoing training to the community mobilisers on the field.
- Organize regular meeting with the community leaders
- Together with MDM other medical staff contribute in the development and designing of the new tools in case of needs
- Ensure that all materials giving are well managed
- Responsible for organizing referral from community to the health facilities
- Assist with the design of the activities for the Health Education Programme, facilitating group workshops, door to door visits etc.
- Recruit the team of Community Mobilisers in line with MDM HR policies
- Manage the schedule of the community Mobilisers and submit the plan for the coming week to the Health Programme Coordinator for approval
- Conduct weekly meeting for all Community Mobilisers ensuring timely feedback from their field activities reaches the senior management
- Follow up and ensure the presence of each community workers on the field
- Ensure that every community mobiliser follow their Job description
- Contribute to manage the misunderstanding between community leaders
Reporting and Attendance to Different Meetings:
- Attend the program weekly meeting
- In case of need attend to the meetings requested by the health program coordinator
- Write the minute of meetings
- Share all issues noticed in the field with the medical supervisors and to the health program coordinator
- Contribute to the weekly and monthly health education data analyze and provide regularly the weekly program report.
- Establish good relationship with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of MdM project
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Adhere to MDM field protocols on security
- Degree in Health Education
- Experience in similar position (management) for at least 1 year
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Good knowledge in social mobilization
- Capacities in team management
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Languages (spoken and written): Required fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English (other local languages as asset)
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience conducting trainings
- Team player
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Ensure to place “Community Mobilization Supervisor” in the subject line
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.