Efficacy Construction Company is a Lagos Nigerian-based Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Company that specializes in all Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Works. In Efficacy Construction Company, we work together to create a brand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
- In Efficacy Construction Company, we work together to create a brand. The Corporate Affairs/HR Manager contributes to this by orchestrating and communicating the external persona and reputation of Efficacy Construction Company to all key stakeholder groups including, but not limited to, colleagues, government, community, NGOs, visitors, investors, media, regulators, trade, general public, etc. The Corporate Affairs Manager will help in growing our business performance by developing and/or implementing initiatives to enhance the company’s reputation and nurture trust with colleagues and stakeholder communities.
- Your role includes recruitment, organizing the weekly/quarterly training programs, career development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, industrial relations, employment law, compliance, disciplinary and grievance issues, redundancies etc. Keeping up to date with areas such as employment law, which change often. Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Serve as public spokesperson, supervise media interviews and prepares all contracts for Efficacy Construction in all relevant issues both inside and outside Nigeria ensuring that the company’s position is clear to all and media mileage is optimized.
Corporate & Social Responsibility:
- legislative and cultural environment that the company operates in and supports the attainment of Efficacy Construction’s position on growing community value, sustainability and quality in line with the company’s values, principles and objectives.
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend position statements and execute strategies that ensure & guide relationships with key stakeholder groups e.g. trade associations, regulators, government, policy makers, NGOs, etc to ensure benefits to Efficacy Construction and affirm its standing as a good corporate citizen in Nigeria.
Communications & Media Relations:
- Develop, set direction and lead the company’s communications process and media relations strategy to create 24/7, 365-days-a-year media and crisis response strategy to handle issues arising from our operations.
- Track and manage the references to Efficacy Construction (and her projects) in all media channels to ensure consistency and veracity in all communications and image positioning campaigns for the company.
- You have to communicate up to management, over to managers, out to potential employees, and down to all levels of current employees.
- And you have to do it in writing, while speaking to large and small groups and, increasingly, through social media. You have to be convincing, caring, and believable.
Research & Knowledge Documentation:
- Create and establish effective platforms for environment scanning and knowledge dissemination on recent and business-critical developments.
- Regularly provide advice at management level on issues that could impact upon the company’s reputation and performance, both in Nigeria and Internationally.
- Lead the execution teams or partner with other relevant teams to ensure successful organization of diverse company events e.g. Annual General Meetings, Staff Appreciation events, Special Guest-specific events, etc.
- External Relations & Consumer Relations:
- Manage the consumer and public feedback mechanism of Efficacy Construction Company to ensure that incidences, product experiences or negative occurrences do not translate to unmanageable crises to the image and reputation of the company or its products.
- Advocating for employees’ concerns, yet able to also enforce top management’s policies.
- There are times you must make decisions to protect the individual and other times when you protect the organization, its culture, and values.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
Other Duties include:
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants. Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures. Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Analyse and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives. Analyse training needs to design employee development and health and safety programs. Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labour relations activities of an organization.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labour relations, and employee relations.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates. Analyse statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
- Negotiate bargaining agreements and help interpret labour contracts. Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs, Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends. Preparing and managing all project and employment contracts.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- BBL/BA/B.Sc with a minimum of 5 years of cognate experience; post-graduate degree and professional certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years post-Degree experience (HR, ILR, Business, Economics, Law, Management, Psychology, Public administration, Social studies) with wide spectrum of excellent communication skills (written and oral, formal and informal, verbal and non-verbal).
- Professional membership is an added advantage; CIPM, SPHR, PHRi,
- Strong team ethic and proven team leadership, coaching and influencing and negotiation skills
- Good sense of judgment, result-oriented, self-motivated with evident analytical and strategic thinking ability.
- Able to collaborate with people in a multinational environment across diverse functions, levels and tribes.
- Good project management, planning, organization and high attention to detail
- An interest in the broader CSR arena, consumerism as well as brand building.
- Passion for face-to-face communication, high listening skills and a demonstrable track record for connecting with people.
- Sound leadership capabilities, inter-personal skills, Integrity and approachability, business awareness and commercial focus
- Multitasking, Negotiation, Discrete and Ethical, Conflict Management and Problem Solving and Change Management skills.
- Technical competence
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.