Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the
U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are seeking applications from qualified Nigerian Nationals to fill the below position:
Job Title: Local Government Coordinator
Location: Borno (Maiduguri and Biu)
Project Duration: 6 Months.
Positions Start Date: Immediately
Reporting & Supervision: Reports to State Team Leader -Borno
- Nigeria Education Crisis Response is a USAID-funded project aimed at supporting Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe and Yobe states to expand access to quality, relevant non-formal education and alternative education opportunities for internally displaced persons (IDP) children, as well as out-of-school children in host communities, aged 6 to 17 at target locations.
- The Local Government Education in Crisis and Conflict Coordinator will provide technical assistance and guidance to the projects support to improve fidelity of implementation, coordination and monitoring of all ECR project activities managed by the NGO sub grantee(s), Learning Facilitators (LFs), Monitoring Facilitators (MFs), Mentor Teachers and Community Coalitions (CCs) at the Local Government level.
- Supervise the implementation of all Education Crisis Response supported program materials, Teacher trainings and NFE center. n
- Monitoring of all community level and learners (students) assessments assessment efforts by the project or its partners.
- Facilitate effective coordination and collaboration with LGA level education stakeholders to ensure fidelity of implementation of aH project activities and support project components to carry out and deliver all planned activities in the LGA.
- Engage LGA authorities to replicate ECR model and expand coverage of access to quality education for children affected by crises using LG resources and incorporate concerns on safety and wellbeing of internally displaced children in their work plans and budget.
- Liaise with LGA representatives and technicians on technical matters, and bear ultimate responsibility for ensuring that internally displaced children in Education Crisis Response supported learning centers achieve improved learning outcomes in reading, numeracy, SEL and psychosocial support.
- Work with CCs to mobilize and leverage other wraparound services within project communities across the LGA.
- Actively promote information sharing and adequately represent the project (per established protocol) in relation to implementation and community level engagements.
- Coordinate and monitor NGO sub-grantees, Learning Facilitators, MF5, Mentor Teachers and CCs activities across the LGA.
- Liaise with project security team CCs and other relevant community level stakeholders to ensure constant and adequate security of learning centers across the LGA.
- Routinely monitor instruction delivery across all project supported non-formal , learning centers in the LGA.
- Identify and communicate issues of concern to the project management, LGA level stakeholders and NGO sub-grantees and catalyze immediate response to the issues by relevant stakeholders and ensure accountability.
- Generate and submit weekly report of project and other related activities at the LGA.
- Any other duty as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Ordinary National Diploma required, BA/BS Degree highly desirable.
- Must have 3+ years of general work experience and 2+ years of specific experience in coordinating project activities LGA.
- Prior experience providing training and capacity building to staff and counterparts in areas of participatory planning.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri with knowledge of terrain required.
- Applications closing date: 10 days from the date of this publication.
- Applicants should indicate the Job Position and Location as the subject of their applications and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Creative Associates International is an equal opportunity employer.
- Females as well as indigenes of Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe and other northeastern states are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND cover letter to the Human Resources Manager through the email: Recruitment-NECR@creativeworldwide.com
Application Deadline: 3rd April, 2017.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.