Crescent Pearls Integrated School, a British style school successfully operating since 2009, with a community that lays emphasis on providing a holistic development plan for muslim children.
We provide a solid foundation in the Early Years Centre from Playgroup (two years) to reception(five years) for children to become successful learners ready for school.
With our integrated curriculum and child development programmes in Primary Key Stage 1, we prepare our pupils to become responsible citizens of the world.
Crescent Pearls is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Full Time Classroom Teacher
- 1.Plan, assess, assign and present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- 2.Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- 3.Observe, evaluate and record the performance of each pupil and use assessment methods to judge overall progress.
- 4.Tutor pupils in group settings and individually
- 5.Listen to verbal presentations and engage pupils in discussions
- 6.Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- 7.Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- 8.Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- 9.Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- 10.Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven (minimum of 2 years) experience as a primary school teacher working with the British Curriculum
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education
Job Title: Full Time Librarian
- 1.Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
- 2.Answering readers’ questions
- 3.Using library systems and specialist computer applications
- 4.Management of pupils and other supervisory duties
- 5.Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users especially pupils and staff
- 6.Supporting independent research and learning
- 7.Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc
- 8.Promoting the library’s resources to users
- 9.Helping pupils develop appropriate reading culture and creativity
Requirements and Skills:
- Librarian must be able to motivate learners and ensure all pupils are working at their highest potential.
- Candidate must have effective strategies for supporting all learners and must be able to work with little supervision and bring a lot of creativity on board.
- Librarian must be well spoken, confident and disciplined.
- Librarian must be able to set-up a library.
- The librarian must have a good working knowledge of the British Curriculum and how children learn.
- Librarian must know how to make good use of technology to track books and encourage e-learning.
- The candidate must have the minimum academic qualification of a first degree in Library studies from a reputable institution and have at least 1 year working experience in a British Curriculum School.
Job Title: Head of Early Years Center
The position of Head of Early Years Centre is responsible for the development and success of the Early Years Section. The Head of EYC works closely with the Head of School to ensure the overall success of the centre. The Head of EYC is responsible for managing teachers within the EYC.
- Degree in related discipline as well as certified Teaching Qualification
- Must be registered with the Teacher’s Registration Council
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar setting
- Demonstrated ability to use various teaching methods and updated technology
- Proven ability for positive classroom management
- Experience with the Early Years Foundation Stage is preferred
- Must be able to stand up to 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift up to 30kg
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- 1. Responsible for working in partnership with the Head of School for the creation and implementation of the Educational Vision of the Early Years Section of the Learning Centre. This includes setting annual goals, targets and action plans. This should consider the learning centre ethos and the development needs of academic staff within the Early Years Section
- 2. Communicating the Educational Vision with the annual goals and targets to the Early Years Section Teachers and provide necessary training to ensure that each staff member understands their role in achieving results
- 3. Responsible for setting clear and achievable objectives and goals for all Direct Reports and Academic Staff including academic achievement for students. It is essential that these objectives and goals are directly related to the Educational Vision, annual goals and targets. These must be written in a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time Bound) format
- 4. Creating a scheme of work for each classroom based on the learning centre’s curriculum in partnership the Teachers
- 5. Develop and submit weekly teaching plans as per learning centre policy to the Head of School for review
- 6. Ensure all EY Teachers are provided with clear goals at the beginning of each term based on the classroom goals
- 7. Ensure all EY Teachers plan on a weekly and daily basis to ensure they are well prepared
- 8. Encourage EY Teachers to develop their teaching methods and support their ideas as appropriate
- 9. Responsible for the health, safety and cleanliness of the children in the classroom at all times
- 10. Responsible for any necessary record keeping as determined by the learning centre management such as but not limited to records related to class work, assessment and observations and children’s progress. These records are to be submitted as outlined as per learning centre management and are subject to change
- 11. Responsible for completing and submitting, by the required deadline, mid and end of term reports for each child
- 12. Ensure each child’s progress is assessed and recorded on a regular basis as outlined by learning centre policy. Each child’s progress should be shared with both learning centre management and parents during PTC each term at minimum and as the need arises
- 13. Support EY centre policies by understanding and adhering to each policy, completing any necessary paperwork and following policy procedures
- 14. Share and develop ideas with fellow teachers on topics such as but not limited to EY centre clubs, events, presentations and teaching methods
- 15. Assist in the planning and execution of EY centre clubs, events, presentations and other programs as needed
- 16. Ensure you are fully prepared for each class including but not limited to arriving on time, prepared lesson plans, adequate resources and use of various teaching methods
- 17. Responsible for positive classroom management including communicating general classroom rules and providing opportunity for children to master these rules, rewarding positive behavior and limiting negative behavior using positive discipline tools
- 18. Responsible for reporting to the learning centre management any and all suspicious or inappropriate activity by either staff or parents
- 19. Support the EY centre ethos by following approved classroom routines and regular classroom schedules
- 20. Support EY centre activities by attending all learning centre meetings and or events as scheduled by the learning centre management.
These job descriptions in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s with a passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crescent Pearls Integrated School,
Opposite Yahuza Suya Spot
1st Avenue Gwarimpa
Application Deadline: 21st March 2017.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.