Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, a school dedicated to educating the total person – intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced School Nurse/Matron
- Noble Hall Leadership Academy, located in Abuja; wishes to employ a Nurse/Matron whose sole responsibility would be; to be a supervising adult presence in the boarding house that is committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of the Boarding Pupils and assisting them to follow their daily school routine.
- The Nurse/Matron will also be responsible for ensuring that the general maintenance, operation and domestic upkeep of the boarding building is kept at a consistently high standard.
- We require that the Nurse/Matron be proactive, flexible, efficient and reliable using initiative and a common sense approach.
- The role of Nurse/Matron requires someone who enjoys spending time with young people and who is able to understand and get along well with them.
- In order to deal with and interact with the Pupils the Nurse/Matron is expected to be approachable, understanding, diplomatic and a good listener. High levels of energy, an even temper and a sense of humour are also essential to the role.
- The school nurse is a registered professional nurse working in the school setting who strengthens and facilitates the educational process by improving and protecting the health status of children.
- The major focus of school nursing services is the prevention of illness and disability, and the early detection and correction of health problems. The school nurse is uniquely qualified in preventive health, health assessment, and referral procedures.
- Provide health assessments:
- Obtains a health and developmental history.
- Screens and evaluates findings for deficits in vision, hearing, scoliosis, growth, etc.
- Observes the child for development and health patterns in making a nursing assessment and nursing diagnosis.
- Identifies health findings, which do not fall within the normal range.
- Assists with physical examinations when conducted in the school.
- Maintains, evaluates, and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students.
- Participates as the health specialist on the child education evaluation team to develop the health individualized educational plan (I.E.P.)
- Plans and implements school health management protocols for the child with chronic health problems, including the administration of medication.
- Develops procedures and provides for crises intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances.
- Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases through preventive immunization programs, early detection, surveillance and reporting of contagious diseases.
- Recommends provisions for a school environment conducive to learning.
- Provides information on health:
- Provides health information to assist students and families in making health-related decisions.
- Provides information to adolescents concerning health problems in order to encourage responsible decision-making practices.
- Coordinates school and community health activities and serves as a liaison person between the home, school, and community.
- Acts as a resource person in promoting health careers.
- Engages in research and evaluation of school health services to act as a change agent for school health programs and school nursing practices.
- Is responsible for maintaining and updating cumulative health records.
- Helps develop/revise school health policies, procedures and standing orders.
- Prepares the budget for school health supplies.
- Reviews, revises and implements emergency policies, including in-service health and safety programs for personnel.
- Prepares first aid kits for each building.
- Organizes, instructs, and supervises school health volunteers or assistants.
- Reports regularly in writing to the principal and superintendent on school health activities.
- Prepares statistical reports for the Department of Educational and Cultural Services and Department of Human Services for the superintendent’s signature as required.
- Implements the school medication policy and procedure.
- Interprets school health services to school personnel.
- Plans, implements, and supervises school health screening programs in accordance with state and district r requirements and recommendations. Provides follow-up services when indicated.
- Interprets appraisal findings, and helps students and parents accept responsibility for diagnosis and treatment.
- Serves as a health liaison between school, home, and the community. Makes home visits as needed.
- Participates in the health aspects of kindergarten pre-registration.
- Helps school personnel recognize departures from appropriate behavior and growth patterns; helps students and staff adjust student programs when necessary to accommodate health needs of students.
- Possession of a current license to practice professional nursing in Nigeria.
- Three years’ experience as a professional registered nurse.
- Certification as required by the Department of Education.
- A degree is required.
To be part of our exciting, inclusive and happy organization you will need to have:
- 2 years previous work experience in pastoral care.
- Certificates/Diplomas in Pastoral Studies
- To have knowledge of children’s developmental needs
- To have a basic understanding of safeguarding children procedures.
Application of Application
17th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.