Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads in average 140 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
Premiere Urgence Internationale is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security Project Manager
Our action in the field:
- The results of the assessment led PUI to position in host communities hosting IDPS of Maiduguri city.
- In the beginning, the strategy will be focused on:
- Improving food security of the vulnerable population affected by the crisis via an e-voucher system
- Improving livelihoods and access to water via Non Food Items assistance via an e voucher system
- Improving the overall understanding and knowledge of humanitarian needs in Maiduguri through the implementation of an early warning system
As part of our activities in Nigeria, we are looking for a Food Security Project Manager:
- The food security project manager shall supervise the implementation of food security programs implemented in Maiduguri.
- Logistics and administration: He/She shall ensure the logistical and administrative monitoring of project(s) for which He/She is responsible.
- Representation: He/She shall represent the Association to partners, authorities and local players involved in the implementation of food security programmes.
- Safety and Security: He/She shall contribute to the observance of safety and security rules at the site and shall transmit all information relating to safety and security to his/her line-manager.
- Programmes: He/She shall ensure the proper implementation and monitoring of the food security programme(s) for which He/She is responsible.
- Human Resources: He/She shall supervise the food security team (PUI employees and any daily-employed workers).
Training and Experiences
- Specialisation in IT systems and experience in project management are desirable
Knowledge and skills:
- Good drafting skills
- Knowledge of project management
- Cash Based Intervention
- Office Suite
- Other (details)
- English is mandatory.
- French and other languages are desirable.
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 3 months renewable
- Monthly gross income: from 1 650 up to 1 980 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover letter) to “Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer for Expatriates” at:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject : “FoodSecPM-Nigeria”
Application Deadline 30th June, 2016
Starting Date 15th July, 2016
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.