Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate Product Marketing Manager Program (APMM), Search Product Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Area: Marketing & Communications
- Associate Product Marketing Manager Program (APMM) Sub Saharan Africa
- Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Manage and conduct in depth cross-device product user experience testing and benchmarking with competitor and substitute products for Search products and access points, and provide structured written assessment of market and target user groups fit, gaps and opportunities
- Manage user focus group testing, research and analytics for Search; including developing actionable insights and packaging of results and context for stakeholder presentations
- Maintain tracking and manage communication with relevant stakeholders for Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) Search product; ensure inclusion and prioritization on relevant roadmaps and timely development/delivery from product teams
- Support development of SSA Search/Access point narrative and strategy to grow search usage in region
- Work with operations and engineering to develop and define new or improved tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Master’s Degree or MBA in Marketing.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and work efficiently in a high-paced environment.
- Strong professional etiquette, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.