Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Manager
- The USAID-funded Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE) project seeks an experienced, driven, and self-managing individual for the position of project grants manager.
- The grants manager will manage the $1 million Niger Delta Fund (NDF) that supports a wide range of grants to civil society organizations (cSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) in the Niger Delta.
- The manager will support the Senior SAF Manager to compete and oversee the selection and award process for grants- funded activities in the Niger Delta and serve as main point of communication for both SACE staff in Abuja and Port Harcourt, as well as project beneficiaries, for all issues concerning grants funded through the NDF.
- S/he will provide targeted capacity building support to Niger Delta grantees in financial, administrative, procurement, HR, and other internal organizational policies and procedures.
- The manager will oversee an up-to-date tracker of all grantee advances, disbursements, reconciliations, and reimbursements.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field.
- 3 years’ demonstrated experience in grant management and budgeting, especially ensuring compliant award processes and grant implementation.
- Strong grasp of USAID granting policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to identify potential NDF grantees and work with them to design and develop grant concepts and activities, through networking and outreach, under the overall strategic guidance of the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with staff, implementing and cofunding partners, and relevant CSOs/BMOs and government agencies.
- Experience in awarding and managing grants to local organizations to promote democracy and governance goals preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral English.
- Location: The position will be based in Abuja or Port Harcourt, depending on the successful candidate.
- Applications should compromise a cover letter, a CV. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The project strongly encourages applications from women, people with disability and young people.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contact; no follow up e-mails
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.