Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Director – Anglophone West Africa
Job ID: 003D7X
- To operationalize global HR action plans; develop and implement regional HR strategic action plans, practices and initiatives in line with the organisational strategy.
- To create a conducive working environment for employees, whilst emphasising organisational objectives and managing/adapting to continuous change.
- To represent the Human Resources department in management meetings whilst consulting with key players to understand the organisation’s needs.
- To align Human Resources delivery with organisational objectives
- To actively communicate Human Resources projects, changes and orientation.
- To advise on changes and/or improvements in the organisational structure.
- To participate in business reviews, task forces and audits
- To oversee the implementation of relevant Human Resources projects and initiatives as well as monitoring the completion thereof.
- To oversee the implementation of change interventions as and when required whilst managing the change process and providing feedback.
- HR Administration/Reporting/Payroll and Information Management
- To ensure that effective and accurate HR information systems is maintained.
- To ensure that an effective and accurate payroll and Human Resources management system is implemented and maintained.
- To oversee and advise on Human Resources reporting, policies, procedures and administration.
- To prepare and monitor Human Resource budgets & personnel related costs.
- To utilise Human Resources indicators and statistics to analyse headcount requirements.
- To continuously analyse and monitor Human Resources trends, both current and future.
- To prepare and align Human Resources action plans to that of the Schneider group.
- To propose and continuously improve the organisation’s Human Resources strategy to support the company’s overall strategy.
- To manage and drive sourcing strategies with management.
- To advise and oversee the recruitment, placement and induction of staff.
- To advise and assist line managers to define new positions’ requirements and profiles.
- Compensation and Benefits
- To oversee the implementation of the organisation’s compensation and benefits policies, including short term incentive plans (STIP) are implemented.
- To oversee the implementation and improvement of compensation, benefits and administration systems.
- To manage annual wage and salary reviews and annual salary bonus payments.
- To oversee the maintenance of salaries & wages database.
- Performance Management
- To oversee the use and application of the organisation’s performance management system.
- To advise and ensure that performance objectives are cascaded and support managers with managing employee performance.
- Training and Skills Development
- To oversee that the organisation’s skills development plan is implemented and supports the organisation’s growth strategy.
- To oversee and approve the development of employees in line with skills development legislation and the organisation’s Skills Development Plan.
- Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) and Employee Wellbeing
- To advise the safety, health and environment specialist in monitoring SHE requirements.
- To promote safe working practices within the organisation.
- To ensure that in terms of the appointment under section 16.2 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, that all necessary and reasonable measures are enacted to comply with the act.
- To remain up to date on staff welfare issues and provide support as and when necessary.
- To develop and maintain open channels of communication with staff.
- To carry out initial counselling of employees and refer to health professionals as and when necessary.
- Industrial Relations
- To provide sound industrial relations (IR) advice to managers whilst overseeing disciplinary and grievance procedures.
To negotiate issues with union officials as necessary:
- To remain up to date with labour legislation changes.
- To deal with negotiations regarding downsizing, retrenchments and acquisitions.
- To oversee the successful implementation of the organisation’s Employment Equity plan and the achievement of the targets set in these plans.
- To actively promote the Employment Equity Plan.
- In this position, you are required to fulfil the role of a Process Owner, responsibilities and in accordance with SE org guidelines.
- To ensure that all standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure professional standards are maintained in all business situations.
- To keep up to date with developments with respect to the management system, as well as apply the policies and procedures relevant to the position.
- To communicate improvement possibilities with respect to the management system to the relev
- Master’s level qualification in HR, Commerce, Engineering, Finance.
- Minimum of 12 years of work experience in a multinational organization, with at least 5 of those at the global mid-level of management.
- Relevant Legislation
- Human Resources Processes and Procedures
- People Soft
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem solving
- Strategic Decision making
- Planning and organising
- Business acumen
- Resources management
- Computer literacy
- Attention to detail
- Flexible work approach
- Global approach
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.