Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project which works to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives. Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase the incomes of 500,000 poor Nigerians; half of them by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in northern Nigeria.
Propcom Mai-karfi will currently run through December 2017 and is managed by Palladium in partnership with Technosee for the UK Department for International Development. Propcom Mai-karfi seeks high-performing, results-oriented professionals who have a particular interest in resilience and environmental issues to fill the position below, and join its dynamic and exciting team Abuja:
Job Title: Intervention / Business Development Manager
- The Intervention/Business Development Manager will manage one or more assigned interventions/markets.
- Identify rural market opportunities, design strategies/intervention guides for developing these market areas/commodity chains, and lead implementation ,
- Work with the Results Measurement (RM) team to design appropriate tools for monitoring the progress of interventions within the market sectors. Liaise with the RM team to design tools and conduct impact assessments for programme interventions,
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on programme interventions – including impact assessment reports,
- Keep abreast of the political economy and how it impacts rural markets, and how changes in the functioning of markets may impact the political economy,
- Actively contribute and innovate to advance the programme’s overall objective and results.
- Ensure security guidelines are followed.
- Excellent Hausa speaker with the ability to decipher nuances in communicating across all levels
- Working knowledge of M4P approach
- Self-motivated individuals who can work independently with minimal supervision; a strong team player and knowledge sharer
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in and proven experience with networking at private, public and Government levels
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to build relationships and network with analogous organisations
- Willing to work for six months with the possibility of an extension subject to performance and extension of the programme
- A willingness to travel extensively in northern Nigeria
Required Skills & Experience:
- Able to lead and manage programme interventions, including research, design, strategy, planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of intervention activities
- Experienced at developing and maintaining productive relationships with project partners and colleagues in a challenging economic and security context
- Able to collaborate with partners to help them assess and develop new business opportunities and practices relevant to rural communities
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of agricultural and other rural markets in Nigeria as well as the cultural and socio-economic context in which the programme operates
- Familiar with how businesses work and what they need to succeed
- Entrepreneurial and flexible, able to adapt to fast-changing contexts
- A team player with a proven ability to work effectively with others in a multicultural setting
- Competent user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and statistical packages
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s (maximum of three pages), full details of their 3 referees and a 1 page covering letter outlining how their skills and competencies match the requirements of the post they are applying for to: email@example.com Indicating in the subject line of the email the role you are applying for.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.