Protea Hotels, by Marriott is one of the most widely recognized hospitality brand in Africa with the most extensive footprint. With nearly 100 hotels across 8 countries including South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda, Protea Hotels has the largest strategic footprint
throughout the Continent and is highly committed to delivering every guest with a personalized service experience. The Protea Hotels portfolio comprises of two brands, the mid-up market Protea Hotels by Marriott (including the lifestyle brand Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott) brand and the superior deluxe African Pride Hotels brand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Manager/Assistant
- The hotel manager is to always make sure that all staff do everything they can to make a guest stay pleasant and comfortable, while making sure that the hotel is profitable and efficient.
- Create budgets and set room rates, interview, hire and train new staff, resolve employee conflicts, and help guests with any issues they might have.
- Report directly to the GM.
- Responsible for planning and managing employees
- Marketing, coordinating and administering hotel services such as catering and accommodation facilities.
- Handling customer complaints and queries
- Promoting and marketing the business
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws.
- Supervising staff
- Managing budgets
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Planning maintenance work, events and room bookings
- Minimum HND
- Minimum 3 years cognate experience
- Reliability and stamina
- Our hotels have a lot of moving parts, from guests to maintenance, to events to budgets and scheduling, the hotel manager need to keep it all organized.
- Problem solving.
- customer service.
- Accounting skills, hotel administration, economics, marketing, housekeeping, food service management, hotel maintenance and engineering, as well as knowledge of computers.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to stay and direct in a stressful situation and being able to communicate with many different types of people.
- Making sure that guests are happy and that staff is getting what they need to do their job is crucial.
- Work with budgets, planning, creating schedules and supervising operations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 25th April, 2017.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.