The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Kano Office is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Field Officer (Prosthetics and Orthotics Program)
- Focal person between the National Orthopedic Hospital, Dala-Kano (NOHD-Kano), the referred Persons with Disabilities (PwD) from Maiduguri’s catchment, the ICRC/Health/Maiduguri & the mobile ortho-prosthetist, Kano
- Manages the daily financial allowance for the food of the PwD and accompanying person
- Assisting the mobile ortho-prosthetist with diverse administrative tasks
- Make the monthly accounting closure for the project
- Insure the referral of the PwD from Maiduguri’s catchment to the NOHD-Kano & their return to Maiduguri
- Financial responsibility regarding reimbursement related to the Prosthetics & Orthotics (P&O) program in Kano
- Keep the administrative filing up-to date
- HND (Higher National Diploma) or university degree in any course or relevant field
- Two (2) years working experience in a similar field
- Knowledge of cultural & socio economic environment of northern Nigeria
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Understanding and able to speak Kanuri & Hausa languages
- Good computer skills especially excel sheet
- Discrete, humble and reliable person
- Have empathy for persons with disability (PwD)
- Sense of organisation and able to follow-up with projects/planning/etc.
- Rigor and methodologica
- Does not mind to dirt his/her hands
Job Title: Networking Field Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Assists the Head of Sub delegation in different daily tasks
- Assists the Head of Sub Delegation in the security management of the Sub Delegation, especially with regard to premises and perimeter security, verification of ICRC rules applied and followed by staff and visitors, preparation of field movements/acquisition of security guarantees in support of the departments/monitoring of the security situation development
- Develops mechanism and ensures proper information flow especially on security-related matters among the Sub Delegation Management (Head of Office), staff and for incoming visitors
- Assists the Head of Sub Delegation, Head of Office(s) in the analysis of the political, security, socio-cultural and religious context and dynamics within the Area of Responsibility (AoR) and beyond (identification of regional dynamics that could impact on Yola AoR)
- Supports the Head of Sub Delegation and Head of Office(s) in field trips as Field Officer, conducts interpretation if necessary
- Conducts field trips as field trip leader to perform tasks of networking file.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Social Sciences
- Background in security services an asset (the interested should hold a senior officer rank)
- Advanced analytical skills, especially on political, security and social dynamics of SD Yola AoR (i.e. Adamawa and south Borno) but also regional perspective
- Good communication skills with good knowledge of written and oral English and advanced reporting skills (written reports)
- Fluent in Hausa and Kanuri, with Arabic as a strong asset.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in positions with public outreach or security management
- Excellent knowledge of the political, security and socio-cultural/religious dynamics in Adamawa and South Borno
- Existing network with key players of at least one of the mentioned layers (politics, security, religious circles, society)
- Advanced computer skills a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with a humanitarian organisation or NGO/CSO an asset.
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- Honesty & integrity
- Leadership skills and good team spirit
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Sensitivity and empathy to work with beneficiaries of the ICRC (victims of conflict/violence)
- Flexibility to work over time when needed
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
Job Title: Health Field Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Assists Health Delegate in running field activities related to the health program
- Contributes to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health programs
- Contributes to continuous assessment and monitoring of health situation in area of responsibility
- In coordination with Health Delegate, networks and maintains contacts with State, local authorities and other humanitarian organizations, National Security, Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) and community leaders
- Participates in field trips; at times may be requested to organize and lead field trip.
- Collects all relevant information in the field for the implementation of the programme and relays it to the health delegate or health coordinator.
- Registered Nurse/Midwife registered with the Nursing council of Nigeria
- Working experience in Public Health in the tropics & in Reproductive Health sector is mandatory
- Good knowledge of Adamawa & Borno (South) surrounding areas
- Prepared to spend 80% of time doing field visits
- Able to translate local language Hausa and Fulani to English and vice versa
- At least 2 years of experience in working in Nigeria and knowledge of the Nigerian Health System
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in Data entry and analysis
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Team work and partnership working skills
- Willingness to learn and support others in their learning
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills
- Please clearly indicate the preferred position E.G; “Field Officer (Prosthetics and Orthotics Program) Kano” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
- Late application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Application Deadline: 7th April, 2017.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.