Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management,
energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Off Grid Mobile Finance Access Advisor
Job Code: 15400000126
- Tetra Tech, ES Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech dedicated to international development, is recruiting for an Off-grid Mobile Finance Access Advisor to support our Power Africa Transactions and Reforms Program (PATRP) contract in Lagos, Nigeria
- To increase the use of mobile finance for potential customers to spread the upfront cost of off-grid energy systems in Nigeria, PATRP will build on the recent toolkit that is has developed, which provides step-by-step guidance to off-grid energy companies in Nigeria on the specific models that have been approved by the National Regulator, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and the terms for working with a range of Mobile Money Operators (MMOs) and Mobile Network Operators (MNOs).
- The objective is to provide tailored Technical Assistance to at least 5 Off-Grid companies to start implementing the use of mobile finance following one of the models outline in the toolkit.
- The objective will be carried out in partnership with the Gates Foundation, the Vice Presidents’ Office and the Global Innovation Lab (GIL).
- Technical Assistance to up to 5 off-grid companies to develop pilot outlines in line with the models approved by CBN for incorporating mobile money into their business models, together with MMOs and MNOs.
- Technical assistance to these 5 companies to start putting these pilots into operational practice.
- Detailed outlines of each pilot with each of the 5 off-grid companies, as well as relevant Mobile Money Operators (MMOs) and Mobile Network Operators (MNOs).
- Operational models of each pilot with each of the 5 off-grid companies.
- A Master’s Degree or higher in Energy Economics, Energy Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in off grid financing and mobile payments experience.
- Energy sector work experience in Nigeria.
- Experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders in the energy sector.
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills are strongly preferred
- Experience of the mobile finance sector in Nigeria including its regulatory environment.
- Experience of assessing regulations and, if possible, providing technical assistance to government departments and private sector companies.
- Effective communication skills and coordinating between various stakeholders, including government departments and private sector organisations, including mobile operators, Financial Institutions (FIs) and ideally, off-grid energy companies.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.