Nicole Sinclair is a dynamic management consulting firm set up to help start-up, small and medium businesses maximize their vision and achieve their highest potential through effective planning, structuring and maximized use of their resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Officer
- This role is responsible for the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees’ skills, enabling them to fulfill their job responsibilities.
- The Training officer is required to be strategic in assessing the skills and knowledge within and determining what training is needed to grow and retain these skills.
- Identify training and development needs within the organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with departmental managers and human resources department.
- Design and expand training and development programs based on the needs of the job roles and the individual.
- Works as a team with departmental managers to produce programs that are satisfactory to all departments.
- Consider the costs of planned programs and keep within budgets as assessing the return on investment of any training or development program.
- Develop effective induction programs for new employees..
- Conduct appraisals after every training to measure the effect of the training on performance.
- Devise individual learning plans.
- Responsible for providing training materials for in-house training.
- Manage the delivery of outsourced training and development programs and devise a training strategy.
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers.
- Explains company policy and guidelines to new employees, and often write and provide them with an employee handbook.
- Ensure statutory training requirements are met.
- Evaluate training and development programs.
- Amend and revise programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment.
- Assist line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning.
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
- Conduct, monitor and follow-up with refresher training programs every quarter.
- Organize in-house cross exposure training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a BSc in any related field. Msc will be an added advantage.
- About 3-5years experience in training, preferably in a hospitality industry.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft office.
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary.
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Must have the initiative and the ability to offer new ideas.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Good time-keeping skills to enable you to effectively manage training schedules
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
- Must possess the ability to carry out research.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.