The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Yola Sub Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancies below:
Job Title: Water and Habitat Assistant
- Performs various secretarial duties independently
- Types drafted or simple correspondence in English independently
- Supports the team in follow up of basic administrative procedures: payments, correspondence, hand over and donation certificates
- Collect data of project beneficiaries from engineers in charge, compile and submit to Team Leader
- Compiles contributions to the Weekly Operational Report and submit to the Team Leader
- Keeps agenda and performs various office work
- Ensures information flow within the department
- Keeps filing system up to date
- Organizes Water and Habitat department internal weekly meeting with inputs of the Team Leader, prepares and share lists of action points for follow-up
- Technical certificate in Secretarial or equivalent training.
- 1-2 years in same experience
- Good computer skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- High capacity to work in a team.
- High motivation and proactivity, taking responsibility
- Good Planning and Organization skills
- Very good communication skills
Job Title: Communication Field Officer
- Conducts, mainly independently, operational communication activities with the main stakeholders
- Identifies, establishes and maintains contacts with key actors in civil society, (local) politics, state authorities, tribal and religious leaders and other key influencers
- Monitors and analyses the perception of the ICRC by different stakeholders (crowdsourcing, social and traditional media)
- Supports assistance, protection, cooperation and prevention work through communication activities in his assigned area
- Contributes to the interaction with the local Nigerian Red Cross Branches (NRCS) and provides support in capacity-building to their particular Communication programmes
- Maintains close interaction with the local media, promoting ICRC interest in the media
- Supports the Communications Coordinator (ComCo) of the Delegation in the analysis of the communication needs with field perspectives and contributes to the development of the Delegation’s communications strategy
- University degree in Communications or similar
- A minimum of five years working experience in a similar field
- Very good command of written and spoken English and Hausa
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of geographical area covered by the office (Adamawa and Borno states)
- Very good analytical skills
- Very good presentation skills
- Capacity to summarize information
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedure
- Capacity to treat information confidentially
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters, CV’s and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Water and Habitat Assistant Yola” or “Communication Field Officer Yola” as the subject of your application
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 21st April, 2017.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.