Lekki Gardens is an independent real estate company located in the Lekki area of Lagos Nigeria. Our focus is on property development, management, marketing and sale of real estate products and services with special skills in facility maintenance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Ref No: LG/SSE -001
- The Structural Engineer is responsible for managing the structural design/drafting activities including preparing/updating drawings for structure projects, establishing guidelines and procedures for CAD data management, and managing workload distribution within the Design department.
- To provide structural Engineering expertise to aid in the execution of the Company’s Facilities projects. Candidate will provide knowledgeable input during the design execution phases of projects to assure sound engineering practice is followed by design and construction contractors, and that Company’s standards and specifications are adhered to. The objective is to carry out all projects safely, on time and within budget.
Job Functions include the following but not limited to:
- Work closely with other Central Assets team members to define, examine implications, and propose new facilities and/or facilities modifications to achieve project objectives
- Provide Structural engineering input in the review and verification of design data, reports and studies
- Prepare detail designs for all steel work (e.g. supports, platforms, canopies, ladders, stairways, walkways, shelters
- Produce and review calculations, design reports and drawings for structural support of all major equipment as required
- Validation of soils/environmental conditions and Structural support requirements
- Carry out supervision and verification in accordance with company’s construction plan.
- B.Sc/HND in Civil Engineering (Structures) from a recognized institution with a minimum of Second Class honours.
- Must possess a minimum of 5-7 years hands on practical work experience in a structured organization.
- Must be COREN registered.
- Must have ability to use Computer Aided Design (CAD) for simulation purposes.
- Must be a good team player and ability to work in close partnership with Architects and other professional Engineers.
- In addition to the above requirements all Candidates must possess:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- The ability to expertly convey Information in non-technical terms with professionalism and confidence.
- Capacity for adaptation to a rapidly changing environment.
- A high degree of leadership characteristics and professionalism.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using job title and reference number as the subject of the mail.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.