Solidarites International For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered
populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordination Assistant
Responsibilites and Tasks
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of – the Field Coordinator
- Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information
- Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing
- Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Establish or reinforce relations with authorities under the delegation of the Field Coordinator;
- Meet with representatives from various authorities as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility
- Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base other departments. To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidarités International’s mandate.
- Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends
- Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting
- Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings
- Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- Languages: English, Hausa. Knowledge of other languages will be appreciated (Kanuri, Fulfulde, etc.).
- IT skills: Good knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge in GIS is an asset.
- Professional experience: At least 2 years experiences in the relevant field.
- Personal qualities : Ability to train other staff regarding relevant work responsibilities, Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate assignments to achieve common goals.
Job Title: Shelter Agent
Responsibilities and Task
- Under the supervision of the Shelter Program Manager Assistant, the shelter agent will lead and supervise shelter work projects, respecting deadlines and technical requirements.
List of Principal Activities
Set-up and Operational Monitoring:
- Under the supervision of the shelter program manager assistant, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of job sites
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools (in particular):
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the project manager and/or program manager assistant on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
- Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the team leader
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates
- Respect deadlines established with his/her supervisor or project manager
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her team leader and/or project manager
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of his/her team leader
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to his supervisor regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Take part in restitution meetings and clusters on request
Organizational Chart Position (reporting and functional relationships):
- Line manager: Shelter Program Manager Assistant
- University degree in Construction or Civil Engineering diploma.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in planning, implementing construction activities
- Excellent ability to lead a team, work in a team and to mediate
- Ability to work under pressure and emergency
- Fully computer literate
- Good knowledge on drawing is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Solidarités International office via the address below for the attention of “Julien Barbier”:
No 8 Manassa Street,
Behind Polo Ground,
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2017.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.