The Hill City Consulting Limited- Our Client, a rapidly growing and expanding retail pharmaceutical company and superstore, the company is fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as a Limited Liability Company and licensed by both the Pharmacists’ Council of Nigeria and the Veterinary Council of Nigeria to engage in the sales and distribution of all pharmaceutical and veterinary products and services.
In addition to the pharmacy and veterinary, their products and services also include a supermarket and bookstore. The company currently has branches in 3 major cities of the southwest region of the country and rapidly expanding to other cities, the company currently requires applications from suitable candidates for immediate employment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operation Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Be responsible for the department, making sure everything is up to date and running smoothly. Liaise with suppliers, and make request for products, and inspect and receive stock. The incumbent will also make sure customers are well attended to by interacting with them, handling queries and complaints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assist in determining marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Achieve financial objectives by assisting in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensure availability of merchandise by making an order for purchase to the supplier; maintaining inventories.
- Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Keep track of sales and profitability
- Set sales goals for products and monitor
- Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Interact with customers handling queries and complaints and also advertising store products.
- Ensure floor, shelves, fridges, toilet and Car Park are always clean.
- Ensure shelves and fridges are always full and well displayed at all times.
- Monitor expiry dates and damages of all products.
- Ensure products are tagged with the current price.
- Ensure items displayed are well protected from pest, contamination or any other danger
- Submit out of stock report by reviewing items visibly missing or low in stock and submit to the Operations Manager.
- Liaise with suppliers, and make request for products, and inspect and receive stock.
- Report all faulty equipment promptly to the Operations Manager.
- Submit weekly, monthly, bi-annual sales report for sections in the supermarket with comparisms
- Oversee, train and set the schedules of sales assistants in the department, keeping track of their performance.
- Assist cashiers when there are more than 3 customers on the queue.
- Promptly attend to cashiers to resolve issues at cash point.
- B.Sc/HND in any field
- Hands-on experience in a retail capacity is an added advantage.
- Basic hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and to motivate others
- Ability to work long and odd hours
- Ability to stand for long hours.
- He/she must be physically fit
- Ability to speak Yoruba language will be useful
- Ranges between N420,000 to N480,000 per annum.
Application Closing Date
11th April, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
- Please use job title as the subject of the mail.
- Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.