The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary II
- Participates to implementing of all information management projects or programs linked to information management.
- Ensures that users understand the need for changes and supports these changes.
- Participates to the revision of information management procedures in the delegation and sub-sites.
- Makes sure that the letterhead stationery, business cards, envelopes, etc. comply with the applicable visual identity rules and orders on a regular basis to maintain stationery stock including pouch bags & seals in the delegation
- In-charge of Contacts database and supports/trains departments on its & follows up / supervises regularly on the updates by the Receptionist
- In-charge of sending and receiving bordereaux in the delegation. Makes sure all sub-sites follow the standard procedures while preparing and sending bordereaux and trains whenever necessary.
- Ensures that all staff know and apply ICRC rules regarding correspondence and ICRC protocol; proposes solutions in cases of contradiction between the rules and local practices; ensures that all correspondence concerned by these rules that leaves the delegation is validated by the qualified person; organizes trainings for users when needed, knows the rules regarding signatures and ensures that these rules are applied by all staff in the delegation.
- Briefs / trains new staff on information management tools.
- Communicates and updates on a regular basis with the team regarding the tasks done, problems / issues to be addressed and give suggestions for better organization in the team / organization.
- First degree (bachelor or equivalent) in a related field.
- Excellent knowledge of secretariat’s work.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in similar work.
- Excellent written and oral English.
- Very good knowledge of standard computer and other office equipment
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Interest and skills for training of users.
- Sense of responsibility and capacity to fix and respect priorities.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Flexibility and availability.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality.
- Rigor and good organization in daily work.
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures.
Job Title: Helper
- Ensures appropriate loading and offloading of trucks
- Maintains the tidiness of the warehouse
- Keeps the warehouse, storage equipment, refrigerators as well as office areas clean and tidy
- Moves goods within, to and from warehouses
- Wipe all shelves and refrigerators
- Assists his superior in his work
- Secondary School or Equivalent
- Similar work experience desirable
- Good physical condition
- Capacity to lead a small team (Daily workers)
- Basic command of English
- No prior criminal conviction
- Willingness to strictly follow ICRC internal security rules
- Service oriented
- Willingness to adapt and learn
- Team player
Job Title: Air Operations (AirOps) Assistant II
- Co-ordinate with all concerned remote ICRC locations regarding aircraft schedules, passenger in/out reports and last minute changes.
- Ensure that all passengers booked to and from Abuja are captured in the final manifest.
- Prepare applications for airside clearances for ICRC personnel and aircrews to be submitted to airport security forces and related agencies
- Co-ordinate with the Car-Pool unit to organize pickups/drops offs of passengers to and from the airport when required
- Providing guidance and assistance to passengers and non-AirOps ICRC units in Nigeria
- Establish and dispatch daily flight plans, passenger manifests and load sheets.
- Provide adequate reporting about all AirOps activities in Nigeria to the Air Operations Manager.
- Maintain an adequate relationship with the airport authorities and the ICRC.
- University Degree in Aviation Management and/or combination of education, professional training, certification in air transport, and experience in air transportation related occupation required.
- Additional vocational training in logistics or aviation an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible flight operations work experience with an Airline, Flight
- General knowledge of the Aviation industry.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Briefing Office, Ground Handling Company or Airport Operator.
- Previous experience with a Humanitarian agency would be an added advantage.
- Advanced level in computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) including working knowledge of Flight planning systems.
- Driving licence.
- Succeeded in ICRC driving test.
- Capability to work independently.
- Aptitude to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- High organizational and assessment skills.
- Willing to adapt and learn
- Please clearly indicate the job title as the subject of your application
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Application Deadline: 16:30 h; 14th April, 2017.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.