Human Leadership Resources – Our client, a leader in the financial services sector (Insurance), is currently seeking applications to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Distribution Manager
Locations: Lagos & Abuja
- Oversee branch office in key cities in Nigeria. Be accountable for profitability of the branch office.
- Build the Company’s profile with corporate customers and brokers through ongoing interaction and relationship management.
- Execute the direct sales strategy, to ensure sustainable business growth, market share and profitability.
- Execute sales and marketing strategies to ensure appropriate positioning of the company’s products and services to corporate and individual customers to achieve defined organisational sales targets.
- Provide management oversight for insurance agents operating from the branch office. Implement plans as agreed with the National Agency Manager.
- Execute a comprehensive direct sales and distribution plan for corporates and institutions, ensuring alignment with the company’s strategy, goals and objectives.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and development of sales agents in order to achieve manpower targets and sustain productivity levels. Execute effective agency force management processes as agreed with the National Agency Manager.
- Implement the sales growth strategy for the branch in order to achieve the agreed sales targets in alignment with business objectives.
- Manage relationships with key brokers in the region to ensure sales targets are met and service standards are maintained.
- Effectively plan, control and manage costs within agreed expense budgets, to ensure efficiency of spend in support of business profitability.
- Take responsibility for planning, organising, monitoring, allocating resources and directing activities within the business to ensure delivery of targets within agreed budget.
- Provide feedback to Operations on barriers to business growth that emanate from service delivery dissatisfaction. Assist in devising methods to overcome such barriers.
- Build up detailed knowledge about the company’s products, keep abreast of market conditions and developments, analyse market research data, intelligence, and their implication to the Company and advise management accordingly.
- Develop relationships with corporates and institutions, with a view to growing the company’s market share in targeted product ranges. Identify key decision-makers, influencers, advisors and contact points within those entities.
- Manage the client relationship, sales and servicing for specified key corporates and institutions in order to maintain existing business, secure new business and provide new products as the product range evolves.
- Provide ongoing input to Product and General Management on market developments, corporate needs and product requirements to ensure competitive product pricing and design.
- Monitor sales performance against set targets on a periodic basis and ensure development of effective strategies to address shortfall in targets.
- Manage relationship with internal clients including, Compliance, Underwriting and Claims.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Marketing or related discipline.
- Post-graduate/ professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience, with at least three (3) years in a management position.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and sales skills.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to close sales and achieve sales targets
- Able to manage and facilitate change.
- Strong knowledge of Life and Non-life Insurance and familiarity with advanced sales concepts.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of the Nigerian financial services industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the organisation’s product and service offerings.
- Between N14 -N17 million naira (Gross Annual Income) -Negotiable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For Enquires: call Ferguson on 0813 015 2622.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.