RusselSmith Group, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Officer
Job Reference Code: PPM-COM-002
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary of Functions
- Project Budget Estimation & Costing
- Follow up to ensure purchase orders and contracts are received and duly filed in defined folders
- Compiling actual data of project expenses; examining performance requirements, delivery schedules, cost of materials, equipment to evaluate profitability.
- Coordinate the completion, issuance, filing and archiving of mobilization/demobilization forms and acknowledgement
- Vendor Sourcing Management
- Project Cost Tracking
- Tracking and Monitoring of Projects
- Commercial Pipeline & Target Monitoring
- Service Account Performance Management
- Sales Order Management
- Prepares and processes sales orders and submits for invoicing within 48hours of project(s) demobilization or 48hours of month end for recurring projects and that the information is accurate
- Issuance of Mobilization & Demobilization Notices
- Sales Order Queries Resolution
- Collation of Daily Progress Reports (DPRs)
- Preparation & Submission Of Sales Order For Invoicing (Within Defined 48hours)
- Allocation/Assignment of Project Job Numbering
- Allocation/Assignment of Project Crew Names
- Collection Of Mobilization & Demobilization Notices Acknowledgement
- Manage and update the sales order database, sales pipeline, project cost tracking sheet, sales order tracker report and prospects ensuring correctness and accuracy.
- Ensure timely collection and submission of daily and or monthly progress reports.
- Reconciles submitted job attendance logs with field timesheets on monthly basis
- Monitor and measure performance of the account against objectives
- Adhere and ensure compliance of all departmental procedures
- Managing portfolios of sales accounts. Deliver proactive account management to a portfolio of accounts
- Manage ad-hoc queries and enquiries generated by sales portfolio
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure sales requests are followed up and required services are completed in timeframes acceptable to the customer
- Develops contracts, ensuring that it satisfies legal requirements, align with company objectives and reflect the terms proposed by the customer and company.
- For existing contract, collects, organizes and files documentation for contracts. This includes documents that show how the contractor performs and complies with a contract.
- Conduct audits of contracts. Ensuring full compliance with stipulated terms.
- Contract Tracking & Monitoring
- Compliance with Legal & Regulatory Requirements
- Follow-up With Regulatory Agency & Customers On Tenders & Bids
- Customer Relationship Management – Communicates with people outside the organization, representing the company to customers and other external agencies where necessary.
- Customer Profiling
- Competitive Pricing Module – Pricing & Negotiations
- Preparation, Review and Follow Up on Request for Quotes (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Preparation & Submission of Technical & Commercial Bid Documentations Within Defined Timeframe
- Understanding and compilation of Project Requirements/Work Scope Review
- Advisory On Requisite Bid/Tender Documentations To Other Departments
- Tracking & Monitoring Tendered Contracts Competitor Intelligence Gathering & Market Assessment
- Understands the company’s policies and procedures, interests and strategic planning as well as laws and rules governing contracts.
- Maintaining and expanding good relationships with existing customers
- Manage the file management system, control of records and document control processes
- Generate and or updates required meeting notes i.e. departmental and other meetings as required.
- Prepares monthly status reports, summaries and other correspondence.
- Completing administrative work, as required. Manages the department’s office stationeries and equipment; make requisitions for new or additional stationeries and equipment as appropriate.
- Safety & Security – the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transaction of sales
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- A good university first degree is required
- Client Relationship Management
- Good Problem Solving & Reasoning skills
- Good Quantitative Skills i.e. Statistics & Data Analysis Skills
- Good Multi-tasking, Organizational & Time Management Skills
- Good Analytical Skills. Exhibits Initiative & Proactive
- Good Interpersonal & Relationship Building Skills
- Good Business Writing & Research Skills
- Communication Skills – Written, Articulation, Enunciation & Elocution
- Customer Centric Orientation
- Detail-Orientation – Meticulous, Punctilious & Conscientious
- Diplomacy, Discretion & Business Ethics
- Flexibility & Creativity Skills
- Exhibits Good Leadership & Supervisory Skills
- Presentation Skills – Charisma, Poise, Aura & Comportment
- Statutory Laws & Regulations Familiarity
- Team Orientation & Spirit
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
- Positive attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting for extended periods is common.
- Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting.
- Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.