DealDey – Launched in March 2011, DealDey features a daily deal on the best things to do, see, eat, and buy in Lagos and Abuja. DealDey is an easy and fun way to get fantastic deals on great experiences. At DealDey we support local businesses and in return they support consumers with good savings! We want to create a “Win-Win” scenario each and every day for local merchants who want to attract new customers, and consumers who want to save money and take advantage great services and activities in their own city.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Developer/DevOps
- The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles, such as systems configuration management, and systems related software development.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently and work well with other team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Transform software designs and specifications into code.
- Write unit and functional tests.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, devise and implement solutions.
- Participate in departmental training sessions.
- Learn and improve software development skills and stay updated with recent innovations.
- Continuously manage infrastructures resident in AWS and Rackspace cloud environment.
- Setup infrastructures and add-ons such as servers, load balancers, cdn etc.
- Perform routine checks on infrastructures.
- Use application performance monitoring tools effectively.
- Manage essential development tools.
- Write scripts for process automations.
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in a relevant discipline
- Intermediate understanding of any other programming language like Ruby, C#, Java etc.
- Good knowledge of relational database systems.
- Ability to understand complex problems and provide viable solutions.
- Ability to understand requirements and implement them in code.
- Basic knowledge of building and consuming RESTful APIs in JSON.
- Intermediate understanding of cloud server administration.
- Intermediate understanding of linux servers.
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of containerization tools like docker.
- Intermediate understanding of how internet works (protocols, packets, web servers)
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of shell scripting
- Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- A fast learner.
- Good eye for details.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment effectively but being an individual contributor at the same time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Turn Around Time on tasks
- % Task Completion Rate
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume with a detailed cover letter to: email@example.com using ‘DD / Senior Software Developer / DevOps’ as the email subject.
- Applications with incorrect email references will not be reviewed.
- This recruitment process will be completed within 2 weeks of the closing date of the advert. If you have not been contacted within this period, please assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted for interviews.
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.