SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Team Leader – Packaging
Reference Number: SAB-232
Location: Ilesa, Osun
- An opportunity exists at International Breweries Plc, Ilesa for an experienced Shift Team Leader – Packaging, reporting to the Packaging Manager.
- The successful incumbent will lead an operational team in order to meet production performance targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Team Leader will:
- Optimize Production Performance and Processes (Shift Team Leader):
- Co-Ordinate and Perform Scheduled Maintenance.
- Monitor Production Processes.
- Interpret and Implement Production Plan for Shift.
- Support the Team to Improve Process Quality and Productivity.
- Build and Foster Relationships with Suppliers and Customers.
- Perform Administration (Shift Team Leader):
- Ensure Application of Administration Systems and Procedures.
- Administer Conditions of Employment for Team Members.
- Complete Shift Documentation.
- Prepare and Control Budgets.
- Facilitate Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Identify Problems or Potential Problems.
- Facilitate Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- Optimize Team Performance:
- Facilitate Team Dynamics.
- Implement Performance Management.
- Communicate Effectively in the Workplace.
- Develop Employees.
- Manage Human Resources:
- Develop employees.
- Manage and apply personnel processes.
- Ensure a healthy industrial relations climate.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- B.Sc. in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum of Three (3) years experience in Packaging function as a Shift Team Leader or/ Process Artisan (Mechanical or Electrical) preferably in a brewery or FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) environment.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Good understanding of process control within a brewing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing way principles.
- Good understanding of Asset Care principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Performance Management, Human Resource Development and CAP.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Assertive and Analytical.
- Proactive, independent and high on initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Microsoft office proficiency i.e. MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Get job alerts in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get vacancies and employment updates to your email inbox.